Strawberry Pretzel Salad actually isn’t a salad in any respect; it’s a straightforward make-ahead dessert recipe.
A buttery pretzel crust topped is topped with a cheesecake-like layer, and strawberry topping.
This dish has all the pieces: candy, salty, creamy, and tangy.
Components for Strawberry Pretzel Salad
This old school deal with is known as pretzel “salad,” however actually it’s a layered dessert, good to serve for Thanksgiving dinner or at Christmas.
- Crust: crushed salted pretzels, butter, sugar
- Creamy Filling: a cheesecake-like layer made with cream cheese, sugar, and whipped topping (akin to Cool Whip)
- Strawberry Topping: strawberry gelatin, sliced contemporary strawberries
You should utilize frozen strawberries if you happen to can’t discover contemporary ones (thaw and drain first). You may additionally substitute or add different contemporary fruit. Change up the flavour with raspberries and raspberry Jell-O or peaches and orange Jell-o.
Tips on how to Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad
This strawberry pretzel salad recipe comes collectively in three straightforward steps. Be sure you chill every step between in order that they set.
- Crust: Mix the crust components and press into the underside of a baking dish (per the recipe under).
- Creamy Filling: Whip cream cheese and sugar, and fold in whipped topping. Unfold over the pretzel layer and refrigerate till agency.
- Strawberry Topping: Mix strawberry jello and water with strawberries and pour over the creamy layer.
- Refrigerate in a single day. When able to get pleasure from, reduce into squares and serve!
Ideas for a Good Dessert
- Cool layers: Permit every layer to chill/chill earlier than including the subsequent layer.
- Shield the crust: Unfold the cream cheese layer all the best way to the sting to forestall the pretzel crust from changing into soggy.
- Cool Jello: Permit the Jell-O to chill right down to room temperature earlier than pouring on the contemporary strawberries so the warmth doesn’t wilt them.
- Use whipped topping: Whipped topping is a extra secure ingredient that units extra firmly. Whipped cream can ‘weep’.
- Frozen berries: Thaw and drain frozen strawberries if utilizing.
To Make Pretzel Salad Forward of Time
Strawberry pretzel salad is finest when made at the least half a day prematurely (making it an amazing dessert or potluck dish).
It wants a minimal of 4 hours to arrange, or ideally longer. It is going to preserve for as much as 3 days within the fridge.
This dessert doesn’t freeze nicely.
Did you make this Strawberry Pretzel Salad? Go away us a ranking and a remark under!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a household favourite. This straightforward make-ahead dessert is a scrumptious combo of candy and salty, creamy and crunchy!
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Mix crushed pretzels, melted butter, and sugar in a bowl and press into the underside of a 9×13 pan. Bake 10 minutes and funky fully.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar with a hand mixer on medium till fluffy. Gently fold in Cool Whip. Unfold combination evenly over the cooled crust and refrigerate at the least 1 hour.
In a big mixing bowl stir Jell-O and boiling water till jello is dissolved. Permit combination to sit down at room temperature till fully cooled.
Place sliced strawberries over the cream cheese combination. Pour cooled Jell-O overtop.
Refrigerate till firmly set, at the least 4-6 hours or in a single day.
The pretzels are crushed first after which measured. Use a meals processor or a rolling pin to crush the pretzels.
For simple removing from the pan, the dish could be lined with parchment paper.
Energy: 244 | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Ldl cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 274mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 28.2mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.9mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.